Friday, July 5, 2013

10 years since....

It has been 10 years since we said "I do". It was at the time, a fairy tale in my mind. I didn't really know what went into a good marriage but I knew that I loved that man and that God had brought us together. That is all I had to know at the time. Life always strikes and gets hard and then you know what it takes to have a marriage that lasts through the storms.
Over the 10 years that we have been married I have learned a lot. A lot about me, a lot about my husband and a lot about God. I have learned the importance of marriage. I have learned that yes, God doesn't want us to be alone, but I have also learned that it is supposed to be a picture of how Christ loves the church. We need to show this through our marriages. We need to show our partner love respect and honor so that the world can see Gods love through our actions as a married couple. This was made so real to me a few years back. God didn't have to create marriage, but He did so that we could show the world God's love. Marriage is an important part of God's love. As we show our love to each other through having a good, God centered marriage, we are also showing the world, "this is how your Heavenly father loves you too!!!" In a marriage you are to live for each other. It honestly isn't as much about "us" and us getting through things, as it is about God and God faithfully getting us through life's trials as a married couple. Honestly, if we hadn't turned to God a few years back, refocus on HIM I don't know where we would have been. But God is so faithful and so good. As I look back on all the years, all the ups and all the downs, I am so grateful to God! We have so many wonderful memories. And we have a lifetime of dreams that God has placed inside us. Our goal in life is to serve God with our all!
I have to say I have so many interesting and funny memories. There is never a dull moment with my man. He is such a fun and funny person. He is also such a wonderful husband, hard working provider, and amazing dad to our 6 kids. His best attribute is that He loves God with all he is and He wants to please Him and live a life following after God's will for our lives. He is such an amazing Godly example to our kids. I am so happy, blessed, and grateful that I get to call him my husband. I love you hunny and always will. You are God's best for my life and I am so happy we get to share this life together!  It is all about living a life after God and I am so excited to share that with you!!! You are my best friend and partner in ministry! I love you!!!!

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment