Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Sorry for my absence.

So I have been on here very little. I at times get to a point where I need a break from writing for bit because in my self, I don't think that my writing is any good, or I  just get very busy with life and time isn't there for me to sit and write. I have from time to time struggle with different things. I know that it is the enemy who is telling me lies but it can be a fight to "think on what is pure and good". So from time to time depression has been a fight. From time to time, I just feel like I am sitting in a pit. The thing is when I start feeling low, I try not to let it consume me. I try and run to God. I start praying right away ask God to reveal to me what I am lacking in me and what I need to do to climb out of this pit. I go straight to the word and start saying the word of God over me and start remembering that there is more to this life that what you see, but the unseen is what matters. I try and align my thoughts with the word of God. That makes all the difference. So today as I try and fight off the things that pop into my head, I want to share some scriptures that are good and uplifting and that align my thoughts with God's thoughts (The Word). I will probably go through these verses a few times during my day, but this is the best way that I know how to deal with this. It is a good check in my attitude and Spirit. It uplifts and helps in a way that no one can. I have to admit, I don't tell anyone that I am dealing with this, and I am only sharing because I know that many deal with this but just don't know what to do and how to get out of it. So that is why I share this. I probably have wrote about this before, but I know that it is something that I need to conscientiously watch for in my life, and not get sucked into. So as I share these verses with you I pray that you would let them sink in, and let God do a work in your life. Don't think on the negative thoughts that fly into your mind, but think on the verses and what God is trying to tell you today.

Psalms 3:3 But you, O LORD, are a shield about me, my glory, and the lifter of my head.
Psalms 32:10 Many are the sorrows of the wicked, but steadfast love surrounds the one who trusts in the LORD.
Psalms 37:3-4 Trust in the LORD, and do good; dwell in the land and befriend faithfulness. Delight yourself in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart. 
Psalms 42:11 Why are you cast down, O my soul, and why are you in turmoil within me? Hope in God; for I shall again praise him, my salvation and my God.
1 Peter 5:6-7 (KJV) Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you
Deuteronomy 31:8 “… It is the LORD who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.”
Deuteronomy 32:10In a desert land he found him, in a barren and howling waste. He shielded him and cared for him; he guarded him as the apple of his eye. 
Psalms 34:17 When the righteous cry for help, the LORD hears and delivers them out of all their troubles.
Psalms 40:1-3 I waited patiently for the LORD; he inclined to me and heard my cry. He drew me up from the pit of destruction, out of the miry bog, and set my feet upon a rock, making my steps secure. He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God. Many will see and fear, and put their trust in the LORD.
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.
John 16:33 I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world. 
Romans 8:38-39 For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.
2 Corinthians 1:3-4 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.
1 Peter 4:12-13 Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery trial when it comes upon you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice insofar as you share Christ’s sufferings, that you may also rejoice and be glad when his glory is revealed.

This last verse I go to all the time. When my thoughts seem to consume and that I just need a reminder, I turn here and read this verse. Keep it hidden in your heart. Keep them all hidden in your  heart so you can fight off the enemy when he seems to be attacking. 
 Philippians 4:8 Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.


No comments:

Post a Comment