Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Pray!

I am writing today because this morning I have been in prayer for a few different people and situations.
  I have to say that I have not always been so diligent in my prayer life. I have had times where it was little and far between. I have to admit something... it isn't something that I am happy with my self about at all. I  have been one to use a phrase and not follow through. I think many have done this and been guilty of it too. The saying "I'll pray" or "I'll be praying for you" is used so often and becomes a Christian slogan almost. I used to say it all the time, but when it came down to it... I didn't. I feel bad for being guilty of that, especially when in ministry, but if you don't learn and change, that is the bigger offense. Since then I have learned the power of praying. I have learned that when we pray God hears, listens and moves on our behalf. I know this because I have seen God work and move when people pray! Prayer is a vital part of our relationship with God. He wants us to communicate with Him. He wants us to take time out of our day to talk to Him, let us know what's on our hearts, and give it up to Him! It says in Matthew 11: 28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."  How do we go to Him? How do we give Him our burdens? By praying and letting Him know. He wants us to give our cares and worries and concerns to Him! We just have to pray and give it to Him and then have faith that He will see it through!!! Prayer and faith together is a powerful combination!!!
Now when I say "I'll be praying", I stop and take the time to pray. I know first hand what praying can do! I have seen God move in mighty ways and I know that prayer is my connection and communication to the almighty God!! Take time today and pray for those things that people have asked you to pray for, or those situations that you said "I'll be praying" and actually do it! It will make a difference in their life and your life!!!

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. Philippians 4:6

No comments:

Post a Comment