Thursday, May 9, 2013

Yahweh

I decided to restudy the names of God. I had to study them for Bible college, and sometimes you just learn in for the class and it doesn't go deeper. I have grown in my relationship with God and I have this strong desire to really learn and take to heart the names of God. There is something about really taking to heart the names of God because they all have amazing meanings and they all can cut deep to the heart and penetrate in a different way! The original Hebrew names of God really had deep meaning and were so precious that they couldn't even say some! That is the kind of awe and amazement that I have been feeling towards what God is doing! It has been amazing how God has been working and moving and we are ready for all He has! I want a deeper relationship with God and I want to know Him even more and on a deep and personal level! So i might add in a bit of what I find here as well. It is amazing what you find and how deep you can get with God just through study and learning and by going back to the roots!
The word Yahweh or YHWH is an awesome term and one that they did not say because they did not want to be blasphemous to the name of God. I find that amazing.... why? Well, we are so casual with the term or name that we have given. We say 'god' so informal, and we say it in ways that we shouldn't. Today it is nothing for people to use the word in a way that isn't giving praise, but is more taking it in vain. "OMG" is used by everyone even by those who don't believe. It is just a common term in the world today. I have never used it this way and if I did I felt horrible. I really have tried to use it in relation to my God whom  I love. I love that they didn't even want to say it if it might be in a way that they shouldn't. They pronounce it Yahweh which might not even be how they would, but was a way they could say His name. I love this too because God is holy, and I know that we have full access to God now, but we serve a holy God and should be treated with respect and honor. There should be words we use and names we use that express our love and adoration and respect and honor. Instead of using this term usually said 'Adonai' instead which means My lord. Yahweh means He is or I am. Its an amazing thing to think on and dwell on. "HE IS". Or when God spoke about Him self "I am ". I am that I am.... What an amazing statement. He is. God is.... He is the un-created creator. He was and is and is to come, He has no beginning, He has no end. He has always been.... He is.... Yahweh...Exodus 6:2-3 is such an interesting portion. God showed himself as the almighty God, but it not yet as YHWH.   " And God spoke to Moses and said to him: “I am the LORD. 3 I appeared to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, as God Almighty, but by My name LORD I was not known to them." Had to add that in I found this scripture and understood it in a totally new way. I love when God shows you new things in the Bible. No matter how many times you have read the Bible, and no matter how much you think you know the word, God will always show you new things.
I want a closer, deeper and more real relationship with God. I desire more of Him and more understanding of Him. I don't just want the knowledge I want the understanding as well. I want that closeness with Him. I desire those sweet moments with God where HE just shows up in a real way. I encourage you to dig in the Word and learn something new about God today. Let Him be your guide and teacher! Ask Him what He wants to show you!!! Yahweh. He is!

Genesis 3:14 God said to Moses, “I am who I am.”[a] And he said, “Say this to the people of Israel, I am has sent me to you.’” 15 God also said to Moses, “Say this to the people of Israel, ‘The Lord,[b] the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you.’ This is my name forever, and thus I am to be remembered throughout all generations.

No comments:

Post a Comment