Wednesday, May 29, 2013

MIA and foundations

So I have not been writing the past few days. Sorry bout that. We went away for a little vacation to visit family and go to a few places we love. It was a busy but good time away. It was my hubby and second son's birthday while we were gone too. The hubby has wanted to go to see the bruins playoff game and since we were in area he did that on his birthday with his dad. They had a great time! Then for my son's birthday we took 8 of us to see the red sox game. The kids had a great time and really enjoyed it. For my fun day we went to RI, one of my favorite places. It was nice seeing our old college campus (they moved now to MA) which is where my husband and I met. We took a pic by the old sign. Then we were driving and the hubby called friends of ours that we haven't seen probably since we left school. They have 4 kids and all the kids had fun playing together. Then we went to an old park that my hubby and I used to go to and showed the kids the boats and water and let them all run around! It was nice being there and reminiscing of some really good times and times of growth while we lived in RI.
So I wanted to really just talk about foundations. As we sat with our friends (who also are in ministry) about what has been going on over the years since being out of college, it got me thinking after wards....
Honestly, there is nothing that will totally prepare you for everything that you will face when in ministry. When leaving RI the other day, it really just hit me that I am so grateful for the foundations that I have had in my life. I was raised in a Christian home, going to church and learning the word. At a young age I experienced the Holy Spirit and never questioned God because I knew He was real. He made Himself real to me at a very young age! I also have been personally healed by God and that helped to solidify my relationship with Him. It was at Bible school that we really went into hard core study and we gained biblical knowledge but also Spiritually it was a great place to grow because there was such a great emphasis on knowing God deeper and really building more on our Spiritual relationship with God. We should never settle for where we are in our relationship with God. There are so many depths to God. There are always more to know of God and continually going deeper with Him is the best place to be.
So even though nothing will ever fully prepare you for ministry and what could happen that strong foundation of learning and growing with God over the years has been key!!! I sincerely encourage you to keep digging deeper with God. Keep being teachable, stay in the word learning and spend that time with prayer. Those things will help build a strong foundation and when the storms of life come raging, that firm foundation on God is what will hold you!!!! So today I am thankful for my time at Zion and on the campus in Barrington, RI. It was part of that foundation that kept me strong when those storms of life hit!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment